Wednesday 28 April 2010

Could've been* - Tiffany

A friend's cousin has been having migraines and other symptoms which we very much like wat i had last year. The doctors found a tumour in his head and took it out - but discovered it was cancerous. He is at stage 4 now.

Another girl had been pretty forgetful and was becoming very different. Unfortunately, they discovered the cause a little too late. It was a tumour just like mine - but instead of pressing against her skull (like mine), it grew onto her eye and left her blinded in eye.

Accounts like these makes me realised i could have suffered the same fate - or even worse. I doubt i am any better than these people. Yet for some reason, i sit here today, blogging, with my tumour taken out and proven to be benign - and the only 'injury' i suffered is having my hair almost all shaved off.

tGiF once said - not very seriously - that she 'saved' my life. Looking back now, i have to say that that statement may not be too far away from the truth. It after all only she who noticed the swell on my head - and it was she who made me go and get a medical check-up. If not, who knows wat could have happened?

I do not deserve this... but i have been spared a worse outcome and i must make the most of the life i have left.

****ADDENDUM****

I had difficulty drafting this post - the more i tried to write it, the more it seems like i'm rejoicing over the problems and misfortune of others. If that thought comes to mind when reading this post, i apologise. That is not my intention.

*Her 2nd no. 1 hit in the US - and my favourite song of hers!

No comments: