Saturday 24 April 2010

Freedom* - Wham!

So the end finally came. And i have experienced freedom for more than a week edi!!!! And what a week it was, in terms of eating of course! ;-P

OK - i dun wanna explain (again!) why i had to impose a ban on meself on certain foods for the past 3 months plus (if you wanna know, see here and here). It's finally here. The long wait is over. I can eat watever i want to!!!!!

So how did i 'celebrate' my freedom?

Well, according to my (not so good) math, my freedom started on Thursday, 15th April. But come dinner on Wednesday, my mom declared for me that diet is over! She made a wonderful egg dish - using eggs and salted egg steamed with minced meat. Lovely! :-P

tGiF also surprised me - and wat a wonderful surprise it was. She bought me some super brilliant lovely choc-durian mini cakes!!!!!! Check out the pics:-





I could almost hear the 'Hallelujah chorus' when i finally ate it!!!!! It was no cake!!!! As you see in the pic just above, it was basically very little cake around pure real tasty durian flesh, covered in lovely chocolate!!!!!!

tGiF din even get one for herself - and she had to travel pretty far just to get them for me!

For the next few days at work, this was the scene (and smell) of my table early in the morning:-



Nasi lemak!!!!! It was supposed to be my first meal to celebrate my freedom - after all, the last meal i had before checking into the hospital was nasi lemak too!

The nasi lemak from my favourite stall - and just like old frens, it was like we never said goodbye!!!! It was exactly how i remembered it to be. Such a lovely combination - the eggs together with the prawn based sambal plus the peanuts over rice cooked in coconut milk!!!!

I could eat that for breakfast everyday!!!!

Anyways, my eating continued. At home, i finally could eat the Reese's peanut buttercup.



On Friday, i went with my colleagues to have banana leaf rice and i had curried mutton. I started making egg-mayo sandwiches to bring to office to eat. tGiF and i oso went to Delicious on Friday niote for dinner where i had my duck confit pasta while she had her usual crab meat linguine (of which i ate some too, of course! Crab meat!!!!). The duck was really good, as usual.

Then on Saturday, i traveled up to Ipoh with tGiF - she went to see her parents and get a haircut. I went to eat!!!! ;-P

When we arrived there, we wasted no time but went directly to Foh San - not even stopping at her parents' house!!!!

It was packed but we got a place. tGiF wasn't too impressed with the food at the new Foh San. me? I was having the time of my life!!!! Here are some of the prawn dim sums which i had. So so so so good!



The eating continued later - and tGiF again surprised me with buying roast duck!!!! Two types - pi pa roast duck and herbal roast duck!!!! Oh my goodness.... it was sooo good (help! i'm running out of superlatives to describe how good the food is).

I ate with her family but no prizes for guessing who had the most of the duck!

The next day, we traveled to Tanjung Tualang just to have seafood!

Yes, i have had prawns oredi - but not like the ones i had there! Big (we opted for the medium sized prawns) juicy and fresh!!!! Two styles - steamed with some wine (i think) and stir-fried. Interestingly, the stir-fried prawns was fried together with pork scratchings!!!!



There were also deep-fried squid, oyster omelette (arguably the best i've had) and crabs cooked with salted eggs!!!!!

Finally, on Wednesday this week, i finally had beef!!!! Nothing special - just a cheeseburger from Burger King. But my favourite cheeseburger locally (no bacon cheeseburgers here at the fast food joints).

The circle is now complete. Of course there were other small things i ate - like the deep fried fish egg me mom made, fried flat rice noodles with eggs and prawns, etc. Yes, there are still many other varieties of eggs, prawns, crabs, duck, peanuts, etc to eat. But i am contented now. Life seemed complete! ;-)

*Their second no. 1 hit in the UK way back in 1984, still sounds so good today!

No comments: