Tuesday 20 April 2010

Heroes* - The Wallflowers

Yes, i so enjoyed it! Are you gonna judge me? ;-P

I'm talking about the movie, Kick-Ass!



It is a movie adaptation of the comic-book of the same name and same characters.



Putting it simply, it is a movie about superheroes - but superheroes without any special powers. They have the skill, they have the weapons but more importantly, they have the heart. The lead character initially does not even have any skills nor weapons - but yet, he faces off without the baddies to save strangers.

I won't say much about the story - go watch it like me, not knowing much about the movie, and enjoy it.

I have to say tho that the character who steals the show for me is the 11 year old character by the name of Hit-Girl (the alter-ego of Mindy Macready) played brilliantly by Chloë Grace Moretz. Well-known movie critic Robert Ebert only gave this movie 1 miserable star but he did admit that "Chloë Grace Moretz has presence and appeal".



And brilliant looking purple hair!!!! I want hair like that....



I oso have to say that this is the first movie for a very long long time which features Nicholas Cage that i actually liked. I even thought he did pretty well - perhaps he should do this more often, be a supporting character.



Having said all that, i must say that there is a LOT of very graphic violence in this movie. Steer clear of this if things like that offend you - all the more if u dun like the idea of an 11 year old inflicting the violence!

The violence din bother me (i won't elaborate on that) but i did find the profanity a bit too much. Yeah, sure, some might say that it is a realistic depiction of high school kids and gangsters these days. But i really dun think the movie will lose much of its appeal and quality if the swearing was cut down - or even cut out completely! We have had many really good movies about high school kids or gangsters which did really well without having the profanities.

Anyways, i'm definitely gonna watch it again... and dye my hair purple soon...?



Pics taken from various sites online

*Taken from the soundtrack of the movie, Godzilla.

No comments: