Sunday 18 April 2010

Stronger* - Britney Spears


Me with Astro Boy boots @ Madame Tussauds, HK

I'm preparing meself for the second week of moots for the second intake of year 1s. Week 1 was interesting - and when it came to an end, i compared it with the first week of the moots for the first intake.

That was in February this year and it was also the first week i got back to work after my surgery on the 4th of January 2010. When that week was up, i was totally exhausted! It was being thrown into the deep end of the pool. There was no time for me to ease back into work. I ended up physically drained.

But comparing it with the end of last week, it could not have been any more different. That was not to say the moots went smoothly. Moot court not arranged, judges failed to turn up, replacement roped in last-minute (literally), counsels appearing late... but yet, i did not feel exhausted as i did way back in February - which wasn't that long ago.

But back then, i just recovered from a major surgery. The body was naturally weaker. Further, going back to work full time then was the first time since early December last year.

This only shows and proves that i have become much stronger since then. I am recovering well - credit to the skill of my surgeon and the care given to me by me mom, but all glory to God!

I do feel like i'm back to my best, physically - or at the very least, close to it. I have also started running again. And so my next target will be this:-



But i was so busy preparing this post that i just missed out signing up and getting the early bird discount!!!!! RM10 down the drain. Sighs...

*Her 3rd single from her 2nd studio album, released in late 2000.

No comments: