Friday 24 November 2006

Colour everywhere* - Deana Carter

I just watched “Pleasantville” – finally. Yeah, one of the shows which I have always wanted to watch but never got to… til now!

I dun think I’ll be giving any major spoilers if I just say that the movie is about 2 teenagers who got stuck in a black & white TV series – and how they brought colour into the lives of the people there.

OK – so maybe, the spoiler is quite major. But if you haven’t watched it by now, it won’t matter!

I sorta enjoyed it but won’t rank the movie really high on me list.

But some parts really touched me – especially seeing the little colour bits appearing little by little - and I was brought to recall the lyrics of an old Christian song sung by Sandi Patti which we sang for Christmas many years ago. The song started of like this:-

Why did God take so time to make creation glow?
He could have made it black and white and we’d never know.


Can you imagine a world without colour? No blue skies. No red roses. No red, orange and yellow of autumn. No green fields. No redheads. No 7-coloured rainbows. No brown eyes…

Well, we dun have to imagine it – cuz it was not meant to be that way. Thank God. Literally!


Left to right, top to bottom:- Autumn leaves in Wivenhoe Park, teapots in Paris, wild flowers in Wales, sunrise over Colchester, Monet's painting in Paris, tulip in Kensington Park, rainbow over Uni of Essex, parrot in Colchester Zoo, hostel in Chamonix Mont Blanc, Tesco’s apples and oranges, flowers on sale in Amsterdam, sunset over Colchester, wild berries in Wivenhoe Park, autumn colours in the French Alps, shops along Portabello Road, autumn trees in France.

* Taken from the soundtrack of the TV series, “Touched by an angel” and introduced to me by a close fren who has a voice like an angel!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely shots! I love the autumn leaves and colourful tea pots especially! This post reminds me of another 2 songs which happen to stuck in my head these few days, what a wonderful world and over the rainbow...
yeah..can't imagine life without colours..
-ye

imissw said...

cheers, mate. actually, i'm not too pleased with the teapots pic. it's quite obvious i took it thru the glass window which diminished the colours a little and left some reflection on the glass.