Thursday 30 November 2006

Lucky* - Britney Spears

As Bon Jovi said (according to Hugh Grant's character in About A Boy), "No man is an island".

How true.

As i sat there last nite watching Smallville and eating cream crackers with peanut butter, i even surprised meself at what a good mood i was in! And as i thought about it, i just felt so so blessed. I have frens who'd let me stay with them for free, frens who'd provide for me when i am in need.

And i have a family who are behind me all the way. And even if i were to be like the prodigal son and go back broke and jobless, no doubt the fatted calf will be slaughtered and the best robes will be brought out for me.

I guess people can say that i am truly lucky. Well, in their eyes, i may be. But i have to disagree. Being lucky means that all the good things in me life happened by chance. That is not true.

I have to thank God for surrounding me with such wonderful people, for ensuring that i'm not an island - even if i dun deserve such blessings.

Today, i came back to campus and it's really so good to be here again - meeting people as i walk along the grounds, chatting with mates in the kitchen, having a drink at the cafe, being invited for a home-cooked meal by 2 lovely ladies (see pic on the left), feeling welcomed and cared for. Oh, i even manage to get some work for the next couple of days or so - something which i achieved after being back for less than 2 hours and something i couldn't do even if i had been in London for more than 2 weeks!

A big... no, HUGE thank you to me mates and me family.

And thank you, Lord.

* I used to be a big fan of Britney and liked this song very much - tho not as much as Sometimes. I like the lyrics of this song too - one can have everything the world can give but yet still feel empty and lonely.

No comments: