Friday 24 November 2006

I'll be seeing you* - Billie Holiday

You’d think that with so many goodbyes, it’d get easier.

No. Not for me anyways…

Later today, Di will be leaving for home for good. I said goodbye to her last nite – and after I hung up, I was surprised at how it affected me.

It’s prolly the last goodbye, in the context of me flatmates. Those who remain are those who are still pursuing their studies or are starting long term employment.


Altho I never spent as much time as I would have liked to wif Di, somehow, I felt that she was one whom I could relate to a lot. Both of us were the older ones in the flat and both have previously lived in East London. We’d lament together how despite being so old, we still retain the old habits of leaving everything to the last minute.

I was glad to have spent some time wif her on Tuesday – where with another fren of hers, we had a wonderful meal at Misato. Promises were made and plans were drawn up for a reunion in Beijing next year – yes, she would take me for seafood if I go at the right time! :-)

I really hope it’ll come to pass. And we'll meet again someday...


* Oldie which was recently used in the movie, "The Notebook".

No comments: