Wednesday 29 November 2006

Hand in my pocket* - Alanis Morissette

OK - someone has put his/her slimy paws in me pocket!!!!!

*sigh*

When i tried to withdraw money today, i was shocked to be informed that there are insufficient funds in me account! Someone withdrew all me money out of me account over the weekend. There's less than 9 quid left in me account!!!!! Plus the 4 quid plus i have in me wallet, that means that i have around 13 pounds left!!!!!

Great! I'm jobless - and now i'm broke!!!! And i just happen to be living in what is the 2nd or 3rd most expensive city in the world to live in!!!!

Oh well...

I guess the good thing about it is that i've been in a surprisingly good mood today - that even this failed to dampen me spirits! Thank God - if this happened like last Friday... well, God knows how much we can take!

Upon checking with the bank, they did gave me the impression that i should be able to get me money back. But that would prolly take up to 2 weeks fastest!

So, if anyone wants to support my expensive lifestyle here, go to www.helpmin-anstayinlondon.org.uk and make a donation. Receipts can be issued for tax relief purposes! Each donation will entitle you to eternal gratitude from yours truly! ;-P



I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everthing's gonna be fine fine fine
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five
Alanis Morissette


Alright, i'm not short... but the rest of the lyrics of this song so describes how i feel now!

* Brilliant song from her brilliant "Jagged Little Pill" album. Despite all the angst in the album, this song is surprisingly optimistic!

3 comments:

ye said...

wow hats off to you for being able to stay in good mood in such situation! i remembered being pickpocketed in london n lost 300 quids together with my wallet (which was a gift fr close fren) and that had dampened my mood all day!!!

Anonymous said...

you can pay me back later dude. no interest.

imissw said...

ye: yeah, i'm quite surprised meself too! but i give credit to God for keeping me spirits up.

anony: i dun know who u are but i only owe one person money and he doesn't call me dude, dude.